Cane-line believes that responsibility goes beyond the design and production of furniture. We are committed to a healthy environmental policy and an ongoing focus on minimizing our societal and environmental impact.
Responsibility and environmental awareness are a natural part of Cane-line’s values, and therefore been implemented as a natural part of our company for many years.
As we acquire more knowledge and awareness on our environmental footprints, we continue to work and improve all aspects of our production in a more responsible direction.
Each product in our assortment is produced with care and respect. Responsibility is embedded in every stage of our company, from design process, choice of material, production process and even the end stage after many years of use. Great design is responsible design.
The ISO14001 certification, SMETA audition, our engagement in UN Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals express our dedication towards this cause.
Explore the Responsibility flyer here.
1. Our visionCane-line’s vision is “Life made comfortable” and our vision in a responsibility point of view is to manufacture timeless designs with focus on longevity. A Cane-line product is a long-term investment – for the consumer and for the environment.
Cane-line’s products consist of an optimal mix between materials in high quality, high comfort and innovative technologies. The combination of these elements creates designs with a long lifespan, which can be enjoyed for many years.
Responsibility is embedded in every stage of our products’ lifecycle to ensure the products are created with respect for the environment. From material selection as part of the design and production process, to recycling of the product after many years of use.
2. Commitment & responsibilityWe are committed to a healthy environmental policy (ISO14001), which obliges us to run a responsible business. We minimize our societal and environmental impact through smart packaging, reducing material waste, responsibly sourced materials and recycling.
We find it essential to look at every stage of the product’s lifecycle when it comes to minimizing the environmental impact. For instance, leftover materials from production are recycled to ensure that as few materials as possible go to waste. Moreover, all Cane-line products can be detached and recycled.
3. Designed for longevityWe strive to design and produce products with a long lifespan, which can be enjoyed for many years.
We define long-lasting design as designs that can be enjoyed for a long time. Long-lasting designs come to life through timeless design, strong materials, innovative technologies and flexible features.
For instance, you can change the fabric on many of our products. Furthermore, our modular systems give consumers the possibility to add new elements to their lounge groups, as their needs change over time.
4. Intelligent & innovative technologiesWe work with intelligent and innovative technologies to improve the design, the quality and lifespan of our products. New technologies often bring new possibilities that have a positive impact and help us towards a more responsible and sustainable production.
For instance, Cane-line QuickDry & Airflow system has improved the quality of our cushions. Consumers can leave the cushions outside in the rain, and after a downpour, the cushions will be dry after approximately 1 hour. A technology that brings value to the consumers.
5. Care, repair & recycleCane-line products are created to be enjoyed for many years. We believe in caring for our products by offering reparation in-house at our headquarter to bring new life to our products.
Responsibility is also embedded in the last step of the product life cycle, when it comes to dissembling and recycling the product. Many of Cane-line’s products can be detached, so materials can be disassembled and sorted into correct recycle bins. Thereby, we minimize material waste and ensure that materials can be re-used.
Certifications, audits & engagement